About UsThe Federal Programs Unit administers funds under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as well as a variety of other federal and state competitive grants and awards.
ESEA is the primary federal law affecting K-12 education. The main goal of ESEA is to help all students in the state to reach proficiency in English language arts/reading and mathematics and is built on four pillars:
- Expanded local control and flexibility
- Doing what works based on scientific research
- Accountability for results
- More options for parents
There are five offices within the Federal Programs Unit: the Office of Competitive Grants and Awards (CGA), the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Programs, the Office of English Language Development, the Office of Data, Program Evaluation, and Reporting, and the Migrant Education Program Office.
Top 5 Requested Pages
- 2015-16 Federal Programs Consolidated Application
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- Colorado NCLB Waiver
- School Improvement Tiered Intervention Grant