You are here
Federal Programs Unit
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Empowering Action for School Improvement (EASI)
- 2018-19 Consolidated Application Information
Updated news and resources
- 2018-2019 Grants and Awards Forecast (PDF) - February 12, 2019
- ESEA Technical Assistance Request
- ESEA Regional Networking Meetings
- ESEA Virtual Network Meeting
- A series of webinars for a variety of interests and needs.
- Colorado's State Educator Equity Plan
Colorado's plan for ensuring equity in education for poor and minority children.
- 2019 Equity and Excellence Conference
The Federal Programs Unit administers funds under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as well as a variety of other federal and state competitive grants and awards.
ESEA is the primary federal law affecting K-12 education. The main goal of ESEA is to help all students in the state to reach proficiency in English language arts/reading and mathematics and is built on four pillars:
- Expanded local control and flexibility
- Doing what works based on scientific research
- Accountability for results
- More options for parents
There are three offices within the Federal Programs Unit
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Programs
- Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Office of Migrant Education