Communication Toolkit - Grand Junction (Autism Spectrum Disorder Training)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Round 1 in Grand Junction is currently full - Registration has been closed. Follow this link to join the waitlist.
The waitlist for the Grand Junction Training will close on on January 17, 2023, or when the training is full.
This one-day training is for team members working directly with students with autism. The Communication Toolkit training is designed to:
- Discuss communication in children with ASD (e.g., forms, functions, modalities, behavior as it relates to communication, tools)
- Help participants develop a rationale/framework and plan around “where to start “when developing communication systems for students with all levels including coaching communication partners for success
- Give participants a variety of interventions to support students with ASD in developing a functional communication system
- Follow up with participants through virtual coaching (1 hour requirement within 6-8 weeks of the one-day training completion)
Additional Dates & Locations
- October 28, 2022 - Denver metro area, location to be determined. (Round 2) - Round 2 is full a waitlist has been started - use the link located on the flyer.
- December 12, 2022 -Norheast, CO in Sterling Area (Illif, CO) (Round 3)
Event Date and Time
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 (All day)
Two Certificate Options:
- 6-hour certificate – attend full day in person
- 8-hour certificate - attend full day in person PLUS, follow up ZOOM
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team