You are here
Multiple Measures of Content Competency: Out-of-State Teacher Candidates
All OUT-of-STATE Program Completers/Candidates:
Individuals who completed teacher preparation programs at colleges and universities outside Colorado and who are applying for their first Colorado teacher license may demonstrate content competency in any of the ways indicated in the graphics below.
- If demonstrating content knowledge requirements for each endorsement (as shown in dark green at the top of the graphics), simply follow the Teachers From Out-of-State application checklist.
ECE, ECSE, elementary and SpEd generalist endorsements only:
K-12, middle school math and secondary (7-12) endorsements only:
If you don't meet the above, you can submit for a Multiple Measures of Content Competency review by following these steps:
- Complete the appropriate endorsement worksheet
- Gather together supporting documentation as outlined on the worksheet (which may include transcripts, course syllabi, PRAXIS exam reports or portfolio evidence)
- Create a COOL account or log in to COOL, select the "Apply for Credential" button and then scroll to the authorization list at the bottom of the page, locate the "Multiple Measures of Content Competency" form and select "Apply." (Please note: There is no application fee and a credential will not be issued.)
- Reviews will be completed within 45 days of submission; candidates will be notified via the email address in their COOL account.
- Upon notification:
- If approved, follow the application checklist and log in to COOL to complete and submit a teacher license application.
- You will need to include proof of approval in your application for a Colorado initial teacher license.
- If not approved, you will need to determine how best to proceed, whether by submitting additional information for review, by taking a course that meets requirements not met or by taking the approved PRAXIS exam(s).
- Then follow the submission steps above or log in to COOL and complete and submit a teacher license application, including your PRAXIS score report(s).
Questions? Email Educator_Preparation@cde.state.co.us.