CDE will be closed on Monday, May 29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Undergraduate Teacher Licensure Programs with BSE endorsement
This pathway is ideal for students pursuing an undergraduate degree and teacher licensure through either part- or full-time studies, while also adding an endorsement in Spanish/English Bilingual Education Specialist (BES) Endorsement. Upon successfully completing your major and licensure program, as well as your BES requirements, you will earn a bachelor's degree and recommendation to the Colorado Department of Education for licensure. The course sequence required for these endorsements was developed by MSU Denver’s School of Education and approved by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
Our undergraduate with licensure programs focus on career readiness and real-world experiences. Throughout your time with us, you will learn in small classes taught by experienced faculty and spend myriad hours observing and teaching in classrooms so that the theories you learn during course work can be directly applied to a classroom of students. During the last year of your program, you’ll participate in a capstone student teaching or residency experience. Working alongside an experienced and dedicated mentor teacher, you will receive continual and detailed feedback designed to prepare you for your teaching career. The Bilingual Education Specialist (BES) Endorsement is an additional credential that all licensed educators in the state of Colorado can add to their teaching license. This endorsement is intended for those pre-service and in-service teachers who want to work in bilingual Spanish classrooms. The BES Endorsement provides educators the pedagogy, skills and knowledge to support second language learners in both their primary language - Spanish and also English language development.
Initial Licensure: Undergraduate
In Person, Online
48 + months
Visit Program Website: Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Early Childhood Education (ages 0-8) with CLDB Endorsement
- Elementary Education (K-6) with CLDB Endorsement
- English Language Arts (7-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Mathematics (7-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Middle School Mathematics (7-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Music (K-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Physical Education (K-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Science (7-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Social Studies (7-12) with CLDB Endorsement
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5-21) with CLDB Endorsement
- Visual Arts (K-12)with CLDB Endorsement
- World Languages (K-12) with CLDB Endorsement
To request a change to this program pathway, copy the following pathway reference id and submit a change request form.
Pathway Reference ID: 65162
Connect With Us