You are here
Student End of Year: Adequate Documentation
Districts are required to maintain adequate documentation of transfer when coding students as transferring out of their district. This documentation is required to avoid incorrectly coding students as dropouts.
- Adequate Documentation of Transfer List (PDF) (updated 2/16/2022)
- List that contains exit codes and the documentation needed for transfer students.
Forms/Templates to track and record student transfer into and out of Colorado school districts
Note: Each of these forms can be modified to suit the needs of individual districts and schools. At a minimum, the text in green on the records request and confirmation of enrollment forms should be overwritten with your district's information before use. The forms can then be printed and the information can be handwritten, or they can be stored electronically and the information can be typed directly onto the form. If you with to use the forms electronically, you should first open the form (in Microsoft Word), then select "View" → "Toolbars" → "Forms", then selec tthe icon that looks like a padlock to protect the form. This will allow you to utilize the embedded pull-down menus and to easily tab between the data entry spaces on each form.
- Record Request (English) (Spanish) - A formal request for a student's education records to be used prior to the student attending a new educational setting. Used by the receiving school or district to request records from the district or program previously attended by the student.
- Confirmation of Enrollment and Attendance/Records Request (English) (Spanish) - A formal request for a student's education records to be used after the student has begun attending a new school. In addition to acting as a records request, this form can also be used by the originating (i.e. previously attended) school district as confirmation of a cross-district student transfer.
- Request for Confirmation of Enrollment and Attendance (English) (Spanish) - For use by the originating (i.e. previously attended) school district in instances when the receiving (i.e. currently attended) district or program has not provided dates of Enrollment and Attendance as confirmation of a cross-district student transfer. (Updated 4/07/16)
- Notification of Withdrawal and Student Follow-up Form (English) (Spanish) - Two "complimentary" forms intended to be printed and or stored in a back-to-back format.
- Notification of Withdrawal - To be completed by the student's parent or guardian if the student will be transferring out of the school district. Note that parents/guardians are not legally required to provide this information. However, when a parent or guardian is willing and able to complete this form, it allows the district to collect important information about the withdrawing student's future educational status.
- Student Transfer Follow-up - Used when the student's parent or guardian does not or cannot fill out a Notification of Withdrawal form. This document is for district record-keeping only and cannot be used as official documentation of transfer in the event of an audit.
Contact: Reagan Ward, email@example.com