You are here
Autism & COVID Resources
ASD Office Hours
If you have questions, Brooke Carson will be available via ZOOM on the following Fridays, from 9:30-11:00.
June 12th, 19th, and 26th
July 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st
August 7th and 14th
Please note, during the office hours we will not be able to give legal advice OR be able to discuss student-specific issues (e.g. IEP minutes, service delivery).
Our CDE Autism Team is committed to supporting schools and families while in-person learning has been suspended. We recognize the selection of materials, resource location and delivery of instruction can be overwhelming so our team has collected resources and tools specific to ASD that may be useful during this time as you plan for students.
Consistent with our mission, we are providing evidence-based practices and supports from national, state and local groups. These shared resources do not serve as CDE guidance for delivering services remotely.
As a reminder, the Colorado Autism Education Network remains available as another option to support schools and districts during this time. School/District leadership can submit an online request and our ASD team will respond within 48 hours acknowledging the submission.
Browse Resources for Learning at Home
The following resources are offered for consideration during the time of remote instruction due to COVID-19. This list does not comprehensively cover all possible resources. The listed resources are provided for information only. The Colorado Department of Education does not endorse, represent, or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, services, or other materials provided by these educational service providers. Any reliance upon any information, content, materials, products, services, or vendors included on or found through this listing shall be at the discretion of the user.
Links to national websites with evidence-based ASD resources, including COVID-19 specific resources for families, educators, administrators, and community partners.
- Autism Collaborative Centers of Excellence (ACCE) - Online Zoom Meetings for Parents, Teachers & Caregivers
- Autism Focused Intervention Resources & Modules (AFIRM) - Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times
- Autism Science Foundation - COVID Resources for Families, COVID Resources for Researchers, COVID Resources for Service Providers
- Autism Society of America- Coronavirus: Response & Resources
- CDC partners; Waismen Center - Dealing with Covid-19 Resources for Special Educators, Therapists, & Families
- Kentucky Autism Training Center- Supporting Students with ASD at home during COVID-19
- JFK Partners - COVID-19 Resources Specific for Individuals with I/DD and ASD and their Families
- Ohio Center for Autism & Low Incidence (OCALI) - Resource Gallery of Interventions To Support Families During the COVID-19 Crisis
- UC Davis Health & Mind Institute - ‘Help is in Your Hands’
- VCU Autism Center for Excellence - Resources for individuals with ASD and their Family Members during the COVID-19 Closure.
Links to ASD specific tools (e.g. social/communication, behavior/self-regulation, academic) for educators, families, and caregivers.
- How to Use Prompts Effectively and Efficiently from the The Autism Helper.
- Interoception Daily Activity List - Daily activities to improve interoception, to make it easier to understand body signals from Kelly Mahler.
- My Coronavirus Story - A social narrative about Coronavirus from Illinois Autism Partnership.
- Picture Dictionary - This dictionary contains more than 2500 illustrations with translations in more than 50 languages.
- Social Thinking- Free Social Emotional Support Strategies
- Storyline Online - Storyline Online is a collection of interactive books.
- Wondering How to Coach Communication Partners? from Rachel Madel - AAC Coaching Communication Partners
- Choice boards for activities at home shared by Kansas teachers
Resources Spanning Multiple Topics
- Autism & Covid-19: How to Support Autistic People During the Coronavirus Pandemic from Autism & Unapologetic.
- Information & Resources for those with Autism from CDC.
Links to websites that offer tools for online/distance learning for educators, families, and caregivers.
- Center on Online Learning and Students with Disabilities.
- Distance Learning for Special Educators - FAQ's, Tips for families, educators and online resources.
- Distance Learning: 8 Tips to Get Your Child Ready to Learn at Home - from Understood.org
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center- Service Delivery Through Tele-Intervention and Distance Learning
- Screencastify - Resource for making videos for families, premium free through end of April.
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.