You are here

Special Service Provider Intern Authorization Requirements


Here's some useful background on requirements for those seeing a special service provider intern authorization:

  • CDE may issue an intern authorization to an applicant who holds at least a bachelor's degree from an accepted institution of higher education and who is enrolled in an approved program of preparation for a special services provider that requires completion of an internship.
  • A person employed under an intern authorization shall work under the supervision of a person who holds a professional special services provider license during employment in a Colorado school district. (Rule 4.02*)
  • The authorization:
    • Is valid for one year.
    • May only be issued one time. It is not renewable.

Quick Links


Contact Us

Professional Services & Educator Licensure
6000 E Evans Ave
Building #2, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80222
Contact Licensing

Colorado Dept. of Education
201 East Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 303-866-6600
Fax: 303-830-0793
Contact CDE

WCC Access