You are here
Charter School Development Best Practice Resources
best practice applications
The following are excellent examples of charter school applications.
- Academy for Advanced & Creative Learning (AACL) (78 pages)
- SOAR Charter School (67 pages)
- Two Roads High School (24 pages)
Use the Common Application as a guide when submitting a charter school application.
- The Common Application is a standard application for Colorado charter schools and includes a check list and review rubric. Developed for founding groups and authorizers, it will provide guidance in the writing, review and evaluation of charter school applications.
- Start a Colorado Charter Website: www.startacoloradocharter.org
- Charter School Boot Camp - A three-day intensive training that covers the charter school application. Click on the link for more information.
- Contact the Colorado League of Charter Schools' New School Development & Replication Director for additional support in starting a charter school in Colorado: http://www.coloradoleague.org/membership-and-services/new-schools-dev.php
- Use the Five-Year Budget Template on the Finance Best Practice Resources page as a budget projection tool for your school.
A "strategic plan" or checklist before your school opens
- Use the Colorado League of Charter Schools' work planning template to develop your charter school.