You are here
Community Schools - Resources
Learn about the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Full-Service Community Schools grant program (Title IV-Part F). This webpage provides an overview of the grant program and links to important information about applying for funds and funding and legislation. According to public records from 2008-2020, a Colorado school has yet to be awarded this grant.
Based out of the Institute for Educational Leadership, the Coalition for Community Schools is a national advocacy organization with a mission to grow excellent and sustainable Community Schools. Take the following steps to learn more about community schools on a national and regional level:
- Explore their Resource Library; see the Essential Resources for Driving Community Schools Forward which includes a Costing Tool
- Sign up for their newsletter here
- Reach out to Christa Rowland, the Regional Deputy Director for the Western Technical Assistance Center
LPI assembled a team of researchers and policy experts to student community schools as a strategy to advance equity and support student and family well-being and academic success. This webpage is a great resource library meant to advance the understanding and the effective implementation of this evidence-based strategy. Explore all of the resources here, but definitely spend some time with the following:
- Professional Learning Series on Community Schools (recorded webinars)
- Community Schools Playbook (read as a PDF or website)
- Community Schools Forward resources
NCCS partners with schools, districts, community partners, government agencies, and other stakeholders to create and sustain community schools. See the Publications section for helpful resources.