For Current Professional Learning Opportunities:
- View online courses and other resources/trainings related to a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- View online courses and other resources/trainings related to Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- View online courses and other resources/trainings related to Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP)
Evolution of RtI
Based on evolving feedback and information about implementation from research, practitioners, and practice, the Colorado Department of Education has adopted the use of the conceptual framework of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS). An effective Response to Intervention (RtI) framework is a part of that comprehensive system of supports. The following archived materials represent CDE's guidance for RtI implementation from 2006-2012. For more information related to RtI and the identification of Specific Learning Disabilities, please visit this link.
The goal of this website has always been to provide resources and tools to practitioners and families in order to support successful implementation of RtI. Information provided here comes from collaborative efforts of team members across CDE over years of developing materials that have been used at the school or district level.
For the most current resources related to MTSS implementation, please visit our MTSS page.
RtI Implementation Rubrics
Recognizing a need for guidance for effective RtI implementation, CDE published a set of tools in 2011 to be used as self-assessments of a system's implementation, which will support improved outcomes for students within that system.
The RtI Implementation Rubrics are designed to assist districts, schools, and educators with the implementation of RtI. The tools provide the means to reflect on policies and practices from the classroom level, to the school level, and to the district level in order to continually improve outcomes for students. These tools are intended to be used statewide and provide needed support in a continuous improvement cycle. The rubrics can also assist districts in their work toward accomplishing their goal of systemic change for increased student achievement.
- Rubric Training (archived recording: 32 min. tutorial)
- RtI Implementation Rubrics Guidebook (PDF)
- District Level Rubrics (PDF)
- School Level Rubrics (PDF)
- Classroom Level Rubrics (PDF)