In the 2014 legislative session, the Colorado Legislature renewed the appropriation of $2 million in the state's budget to fund the State Grants to Libraries Act. The funds will be available to eligible publically funded school, public and academic libraries to fund grants for library materials as defined in the statute (see CRS 24-90-401). The purpose of the funds is for educational materials in libraries that support efforts to improve literacy and learning.
- Eligibility forms are posted below and are be due September 12, 2014.
- Reporting for the 2013-2014 grantees is required by August 15, 2014. See more information in the Reporting and Evaluation section below and read some Frequently Asked Questions about reporting here.
- Want to see who received funding for the State Grants to Libraries, Fiscal Year 2013-2014? This Funding Allocation Chart lists each grant recipient (one grant per main library jurisdiction or school district) and amount.
- See a visual report of the 2013-2014 Impact of State Grants to Libraries
- July 1, 2014: 2014-2015 Guidelines and Eligibility Forms posted
- July 24, 2014, 11:30am: Introductory webinar for those new to the State Grants to Libraries funding - will repeat in August
- August 15, 2014: Report forms due for all 2013-2014 grantees. Must be completed to be eligible for future funding.
- September 12, 2014: Eligibility forms due
- Early October 2014: Grants announced and funds transferred
- June 30, 2015: End of grant period. Funds must be spent.
- July 15, 2015: Grant report due.
- Durango Public Library
- Elbert County Library District: State money is a big help for libraries
- Louisville Public Library lands state grant for children's materials
- Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1: Cortez libraries receive grant
- Did you have press coverage of your grant? Send us a link!
Have a question about these forms, eligible purchases, or anything related to the State Grants for Libraries? Check our Frequently Asked Questions first - your question is likely already answered here.
Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC)
- Participant List - Membership in CLC is required for public and academic libraries. Click here to see if your library is already a member.
- Participation Agreement Form - If you are not a member, you can fill out this form and become a member by October 1 to become eligible for funding.
Reporting and Evaluation
You can preview the Report Form that will be due after you finish your purchasing, or by June 30, 2015. Links to the online form will be sent to the Grant Reporting Contact Person listed on your Eligibility Form.
Reminder: FY13-14 report due August 15, 2014.
- Reporting Q and A - frequently asked questions by grant recipients on how to report use of funds.
Upcoming webinars that review the guidelines, eligibility requirements, and form submission process for those new to the State Grants for Libraries funding.
- Eligible Purchases Checklist - Wondering whether you can purchase an item with this funding? Review this checklist of what are eligible purchases, and what are not.
- Strategic Purchasing Recommendations - Wondering how your library might make a strategic investment in early literacy? Our partners at the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) and Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL) have some suggested packages for your library, including:
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- CLEL Silver Bell Award Winners
- Databases - special consortium pricing for EBSCO, Brittanica, Pebble Go, and TumbleBooks
- Early Literacy Collections for Parents and Professional Development
- Great Books for Babies
- Storytime Collection and Circulating Book Bags