You are here
Foundations - Corporate
Corporate foundations are private foundations that receive funding from the contributions of a profit-making corporation. The foundation is a legally separate organization from the parent corporation.
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
Bank of America is helping to build thriving communities by addressing issues fundamental to economic health and sustainability. They are advancing economic mobility by addressing issues related to: workforce development and education; community development; and basic needs. Applicant must be based and serve communities in Denver.
- Bank of the West
High priority is placed on grants that benefit low to moderate income individuals and communities. Giving categories include: financial education and management training programs; job training and vocational programs, including literacy and basic-skills education, for low to moderate income adults.
- Best Buy
Community grants are given to local and regional nonprofits offering programs that create hands-on access to technology education and tools that teens will need to be successful in their future schooling and careers. Programs should help teens build tech skills by utilizing cutting-edge technology such as computers, digital cameras, video cameras and professional software. Average grant amount is $5,000 and will not exceed $10,000. Program must operate within 25 miles of a Best Buy store.
Literacy grants for libraries. Projects should address the literacy needs of under-served populations. Maximum award amount is $15,000
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- Adult Literacy Grants program supports organizations that provide adult basic education, GED or high school equivalency preparation, or English language acquisition. Maximum grant amount: $15,000
- Beyond Words: The Dollar General School Library Relief program is administered by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) and benefits public school libraries recovering from major disasters.
- Family Literacy Grants program supports organizations that provide adult education instruction, children’s education, and parent and child together time. Maximum grant amount: $15,000
- Summer Reading Grants provide funds to help with the implementation or expansion of summer reading programs. Maximum grant amount: $3,000
- Youth Literacy Grants provide funding to schools, public libraries, and non-profits to help students who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. Grant funding is provided to assist in the following areas: implementing new or expanding existing literacy programs; purchasing new technology or equipment to support literacy initiatives; and purchasing books, materials or software for literacy programs. Maximum grant amount: $4,000
- Home Depot Foundation
Community Impact Grants program offers grants up to $5,000. Grants are given in the form of Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services. Their primary goal is to provide grants and volunteer opportunities to support the renovation, refurbishment, retrofitting, accessibility modifications, and/or weatherization of existing homes, centers, schools and other similar facilities.
- Kinder Morgan Foundation
The organization provides program support only however libraries may apply for capital projects. Focal areas include academic programs including tutoring and arts education programs. Program support grants are between $1,000 and $5,000
Areas of support include hunger relief, women’s health, children’s health and wellbeing, K-12 education, advancing diversity, sustaining the environment, grassroots community programs, and local disaster relief.
- Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Grants program supports public schools. Projects should fall into one of the following categories: technology upgrades, tools for STEM programs, facility renovations and safety improvements. Requests can range from $2,000 to $100,000.
- Lowe’s Community Partners Grants program helps build better communities by providing monetary assistance to nonprofit organizations and municipalities looking for support of high-need projects such as: building renovations/upgrades, grounds improvements, technology upgrades as well as safety improvements. Grants range from $2,001 to $100,000.
- The small grants program is an outlet for organizations seeking smaller-scale assistance for non-educational focused projects. These grants range from $100 to $2,000 and are distributed as Lowe’s gift cards.
- Walmart Foundation
The Community Grant Program offers eight areas of funding including Hunger relief and healthy eating, health and human services, quality of life, education, community and economic development, diversity and inclusion, public safety, and environmental sustainability. Awarded grants range from $250 - $2,500.
- Wells Fargo
Strategic focus areas include Education (early learning and literacy, closing the achievement gap, and post-secondary college/career readiness) and Community Development (affordable housing, access to economic opportunity, homelessness, and hunger).
- Xcel Energy
- Economic Sustainability Grants support programs that promote workforce development, workforce readiness, specific job skills training, job placement and job creation.
- Education grants support organizations that improve science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.