CDE's Adult Education Initiatives Office (AEI) administers the federally-funded and state-funded adult education grant programs in Colorado. These programs are authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and the Adult Education and Literacy Act of 2014 (AELA).
- Adult basic education services for Colorado adults and their families
- Resources and requirements for AEFLA-funded program management
- Resources and requirements for Adult Workforce Partnerships
Updates and Announcements
- Funding Opportunity: 2017-18 Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Federal Grant Application Available
- Funding Opportunity: 2017-18 Adult Literacy and Education State Grant Application Available
- ABEA Spring 2017 Course Flier (PDF)
- AEFL Week: September 26th - October 1st
Need and Impact of Adult Education
- AEFL Need and Impact Document: We gathered national and state data to put this document together. Tip: If you choose to print, print the document double-sided. The fact sheet is one page with references on the back.
Find it Now
- Adult Basic Education Authorization
- CAESAR via Single Sign-on (Note: Create bookmark after you log on.)
- Directory of Adult Education and Literacy Programs
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Resource Page