Science and Social Studies Assessment
Data and Results
- Spring 2014 CMAS Student Data File Layout
- Spring 2014 CoAlt Student Data File Layout
- Score Interpretation Training PPT
- CMAS District Summary Data File Layout
- CoAlt District Summary Data File Layout
- CMAS Performance Levels
- Spring 2014 CMAS Standards, PGCs, and GLEs:
The High School CMAS: Science and Social Studies assessments will be administered to 12th graders this fall. The administration window is November 3 - November 21, 2014.
- Fall 2014 Administration Training PPT
- Fall 2014 Test Administrator Manauls
- Fall 2014 High School Science and Social Studies Procedures Manual
Practice testing environments, also referred to as ePATs (electronic Practice Assessment Tools), help to familiarize students with the testing environment. Districts are strongly encouraged to give students time to practice the tests before actual testing. The practice environment will help students navigate through the testing environment and use the embedded supports.
Performance Level Descriptors
The frameworks list the percent representation and number of score points for each of the reporting categories/standard areas that will appear on the summative assessments. They also specify the Evidence Outcomes that are eligible for inclusion on the state assessments. Topics explicitly identified in the Social Studies standards are legitimate content for the assessment in addition to the standards' concept and skills.
CDE has incorporated feedback on the draft versions of the frameworks from content experts and educators in the field to create the final versions. Small shifts in distribution of points were made across Social Studies standards in grade 4 and Science standards in grades 5 and 8. In addition to a shift in the distribution of points in high school Social Studies, changes were made to the assessable content in high school civics and economics.
- Social Studies: Grade 4 - Grade 7 - Grade 12 (High School)
- Science: Grade 5 - Grade 8 - Grade 12 (High School)
Spring 2014 CMAS Standards, PGCs, and GLEs
Invitation to be included in the Educator Pool
If you are interested in participating in assessment development committees, please access the Educator Database questionnaire.