The Educator Identification System (EDIS) assigns each educator in the state of Colorado a unique Identification Number (ID) that will follow the educator throughout their service in Colorado public education. The purpose of the educator ID is to be able to use a unique number that preserves the privacy of educator records while allowing statutorily required data analyses
There are three ways to obtain a State Assigned Educator ID (EDID):
- Add Single Educator: This method allows the institution to submit a single educator's information and to obtain a unique ID for the submitted educator. This function is not available to users with "Read-Only" access to EDIS.
- Add Multiple Educators: This method allows the institution to submit a list of educators via an on-line form in order to assign each educator a unique identifier. A list of IDs will be supplied back to the institution through a listing on the web site.
- Data Pipeline File Upload: This method allows the sending institution the option of sending a large batch of Educator information in order to assign each Educator a unique ID. The sending institution is able to receive the identifiers back via a similar Data Pipeline file.
File Layout and Definitions
- 2013-14 Business Rules for EDIS-READ (XLS)
- 2013-14 Business Rules for EDIS-Batch (XLS)
- Year Round EDIS Batch Pipeline Training (PDF)
- EDIS Cognos Training 2015 (PDF) (updated 4/6/15)
Statewide Data Collections Trainings
Contact: Genevieve Hale at email@example.com