You are here
School Health Services Program (Medicaid)
Resources in Response to COVID-19
The Office of Standards and Instructional Support has contributed to resources that support educators during these unprecedented times. The following are the most requested areas to find answers to frequently asked questions. In addition, a frequent question our office receives is in regard to priority standards. Our office implements legislation and current legislation does not prioritize specific grade-level expectations in any content area. Therefore, we operate to assist districts in implementing standards that are adopted by the State Board of Education in all content areas. Curricular decisions are made at the local level.
About School Health Services (Medicaid)
Colorado districts can claim for Medicaid covered services that are provided in schools. The Colorado Department of Education provides training for developing the local services plans required for participation in this program. This site provides guidance and resources.
News and Announcements
February 7, 2022: The Annual Report to CDE was renamed to Reimbursement Spending Report to CDE.
November 1, 2021: New Local Services Plan templates now available for districts/BOCES participating in the 2022-2027 group School Health Services Program. New documents are listed below under Local Services Plan (LSP) and Annual Report to CDE.
October 1, 2020: Free Care update in effect. Beginning in October 2020 the SHS Program expansion will include program covered services to be reimbursable to districts and BOCES for Health First Colorado enrolled students that have other medical plans of care (outside of IEPs/IFSPs) where medical necessity has been established.
- CDE School Health Services Program Parent Guide (PDF English)
- CDE School Health Services Program Parent Guide (PDF Spanish)
- CDE School Health Services Program Administrator Guide (PDF)
- School Health Services Program Financial and Coordinator Roles (Leaving CDE Website)
- School Health Services Program Legislation (C.R.S.25.5-5-318) (Leaving CDE Website)
Local Services Plan (LSP)
View revisions to the LSP: Watch the CDE SHS Update Recording
- Local Services Plan Guidelines
- Local Services Plan Templates
- Local Services Plan Development Strategies (PDF)
- Local Services Plan Health Needs Assessment (PDF | Word)
Reimbursement Spending Report to CDE
Connections Across CDE
- School Culture and Climate
- Standards and Instruction
- School Nutrition Unit
- Office of Learning Supports
- Office of Special Education
- Accountability and Support
- Career and Technical Education
- Educator Effectiveness
- Field Services Division
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
- Child Find and Preschool Special Education
For further assistance, please contact: