You are here
Equity and Excellence Summer Learning Series
2021 Equity and Excellence Summer Learning Series
Virtual Event: June 16-17, June 23-24 & August 4-6
Featured Speakers in June
About the Equity and Excellence Summer Learning Series
CDE has for several years delivered the Equity and Excellence Conference, a professional learning opportunity elevating strategies to address historically underserved students' needs. In Summer 2021, the Equity and Excellence Conference will become a virtual learning series designed to promote engagement with the CDE Learning Impacts Toolkit through learning, dialogue, and sharing among school leaders and educators.
CDE is excited to convene the 2021 Learning Series: "Reflect, Reset, Reimagine: Tools and Strategies to Accelerate Student Learning and Well-Being in Colorado" June 16-17, 23-24, and Aug. 4-6. The series will be anchored by the CDE Learning Impact Toolkit's four key areas: recovery planning, extended learning opportunities, instruction and intervention, and well-being and connectedness. The series will be structured in two parts: June will feature information sharing and professional learning about the toolkit resources and strategies, and August will provide an opportunity for attendees to engage on problems of practice and learn from examples of initiatives in districts across the state of Colorado.
Who Should Attend
Due to virtual learning room capacity, the limit for each event during the series will be 1,500 participants. District, Administrative Unit, and BOCES leaders (e.g., Superintendents, Instructional Leaders, Recovery Plan leads) are invited to consider five to 10 people representing the district and school levels to attend each of the Learning Series opportunities. In particular, leaders should consider the program offerings and relevant staff that include:
- School leaders (Principals, Assistant Principals)
- Federal Program directors
- Special Education Directors
- Educators and Specialists as content is relevant
- Health & Wellness/ Social-Emotional Learning/ Nutrition directors and coordinators
Schedule of Events: June 2021
- Wednesday, June 16, 8:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.: Responding to a Pandemic's Impact on Colorado Students and Staff: Recovery Planning to Reset and Reimagine the Future.
- Thursday, June 17, 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Laying the Groundwork for Recovery: Strategies to Strengthen Staff and Student Mental Health, Self-Care, and Connection
- Wednesday, June 23, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Current and Future Extended Learning Opportunities to Address Opportunity Gaps
- Thursday, June 24, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Instruction and Intervention: Maximizing equitable access to excellent student supports
Schedule of Events: August 2021
- Wednesday, Aug. 4, 9 a.m.- noon: Extended Learning Opportunities: Exploring Problems of Practice, Networking & TA
- Thursday, Aug. 5, 9 a.m.- noon: Student and Staff Mental Health: Exploring Problems of Practice, Networking & TA
- Friday, Aug. 6, 9 a.m.- noon: Instruction and Intervention: Exploring Problems of Practice, Networking & TA
If you have questions about the Learning Series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.