You are here
Check Out Colorado State Parks Toolkit for Library Staff
- Subscribe to the CheckOutColorado listserv!
- Program FAQs
- State Parks Contact List (PDF)
- Participating Libraries List (PDF)
- Program Instructions flyer (PDF)
- Program Overview flyer (PDF)
- Infographic on program's success in 2016 (PDF)
- Infographic on program's success in 2017 (PDF)
- Infographic on program's success in 2018 (PDF)
- Infographic on program's success in 2019 (PDF)
- Archive of April 2019 Webinar
- Webinar slides (PPT)
Current Colorado Parks & Wildlife Campaigns
- Backcountry Winter Safety Awareness Week, December 7-13, 2020
- Backcountry Winter Safety Awareness Week Governor's Proclamation (PDF)
- Backcountry Winter Safety Awareness Week's Daily Themes (PDF)
- Backcountry Winter Safety Awareness Week's sample social media posts (PDF)
- How you and other partners can get involved in this safety campaign (PDF)
- Backcountry Winter Safety Awareness Week Toolkit
Display and PR Materials:
- 2021 Military Pass flyer (PDF)
- 2021 Colorado Day Poster (PDF)
- Summer promotional materials:
- Winter promotional materials:
- Social media kit (PDF) - sample Facebook posts, tweets and newsletter copy
- Backpack logo (PDF) - this logo may only be used to promote the Check Out Colorado State Parks program. Note on printing the logo in black & white or two tone: make sure the ram's chest is dark and the muzzle is white.
- Photo of backpack and its contents (JPG)
- State Parks Pass Options to let your patrons know about the types of park passes available for purchase
Library Promotion Examples
View photos in this shared drive of creative library displays, outreach programs, flyers, and more that Colorado library staff have produced around this program. Send us your photos and we'll post them here to share with others!
State Park Photos
Please feel free to use these photos to create displays and promotional materials.
Please credit all the photos using:
Replacement Backpack Contents:
- Guide to Replacing and Reordering Supplies (XLS)
- Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Activity Ideas Card (PDF)
- Fishing Basics Card (PDF)
- Prospector Record (PDF) - OCLC #922336142
- Note: To edit these files for your specific local catalog, we recommend using the open source tool MARCedit. If you have specific questions about using MARCedit, please contact Samantha Hager.
GOCO's Generation Wild Campaign
Great Outdoors Colorado created the Generation Wild public awareness campaign to reconnect kids with nature and get them to experience the incredible benefits that are right outside the front door. Because kids grow better outside.
- GOCO's 100 Things to Do Before You're 12 list (PDF)
- Sample Tweet: Summer library programs are on! Tick off #34: Read a book under a tree from ‘100 things to do before you’re 12' list. https://generationwild.com/
- Sample social media post to customize: The summer program at the ___ Library has begun! That gives your kid the chance to tick off No. 34, Read a book under a tree, from a fun list of ‘100 things to do before you’re 12.’ Grab a book and a printed list at the library or visit GenerationWild.com to learn more. #100ThingsToDo
- Web/social media graphic to use with above posts (JPG)
For general questions about the program, please email Beth Crist or call 303-866-6908.