Are you interested in learning facilitative skills to be a more effective IEP meeting team member?
Improving IEP Teams: Skills for Resolving Conflict is designed for anyone who attends IEP meetings. All IEP team members can benefit from learning dynamic facilitative skills to move beyond conflict. Because parents and educators may not share identical perceptions of the child or goals for the student and because their roles in the child’s life as parent and professional are dissimilar, disputes are inevitable and normal. Facilitative skills are helpful every day, at every meeting, and before disagreements become disputes.
This workshop is for any IEP team member interested in improving the IEP team process, including special education directors and coordinators, parents, parent advocates, special education teachers, general education teachers, school psychologists, school social workers, and other related service providers.
Skills and knowledge taught in the six-hour Improving IEP Teams workshop include:
- IDEA: Terminology and Fundamentals
- Productive Meetings: Tools and Processes
- Conflict: What causes it and tools to work through it.
- Group Dynamics: Eliminating minder chatter and creating the space for change.
- Invaluable Tools: Understanding interests, strategic questions, and listening techniques.
- Critical Skills: Creating connections, understanding resistance and resources, and consensus.
Contact us for more information on future trainings!
IEP Facilitator Training (3-Day Training, up to 25 participants)* or Improving IEP Teams Training (1-Day Training, up to 75 participants):
- Sterling - February 26-28, 2019 (3-day)
- Sterling - February 26, 2019 (1-day)
Flyers and Registration Links:
*Please note: The 3-day Facilitation Training is offered to persons recommended by the Special Education Director in their district. For more information about IEP Facilitation, click here.
Improving IEP Teams Training for Advocates! (1-Day Training, up to 75 participants):
- UNC Lowry in Denver - February 19, 2019
Please Email Mary Anne Fleury for more information on either type of training.
Mary Anne Fleury, Ph.D.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Specialist
Exceptional Student Services Unit
1560 Broadway, Suite 1100, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 866-6649
Email Mary Anne Fleury