You are here
Beginning in the 2023-24 school year, Results Matter implementation will be a continued requirement for children ages 3 through 5 who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP). With the establishment of the Department of Early Childhood (CDEC) and the Universal Preschool Program, launching on July 1, 2023, the Colorado Preschool Program will sunset ending the requirement of Results Matter data submission to CDE for children without an IEP.
Results Matter improves outcomes for Colorado’s preschool children who receive special education services by helping teachers, administrators, families, and other education partners use authentic assessment data to inform classroom instruction as well as program and policy decision-making.
Who participates in Results Matter?
- School District Preschools
- Child Care Centers
- Head Start
- Charter School Preschool Programs
CDE recently expanded the list of assessment choices for Results Matter. Comprehensive review of current vendors and those applying for a place on the menu of Approved Assessments for Results Matter was recently completed. You can learn more about the selection process, review decisions, and vendor responses based on the Approval Criteria for Results Matter Assessments web page.
Find it Now
Approved Assessment Choices and Alignments with Colorado Academic Standards
Results Matter Components
- Authentic Child Assessment - At the heart of Results Matter is a developmentally appropriate assessment that provides valid, meaningful, and representative information about young children.
- Professional Learning - Teachers are assessors in the implementation of Results Matter. To ensure authentic assessment is used with fidelity, strong professional development is essential. Results Matter makes available a variety of professional development resources.
- Implementation - Technology, when used appropriately, can be a powerful tool in early childhood education. What’s particularly beneficial for educators and families who participate in Results Matter is that they have access to an online assessment platform that provides real-time reporting and digital portfolios.
- Data Analysis - Results Matter provides meaningful assessment data that can be used to make decisions at every level.
Connect With Us