You are here
GOLD Self-Reflection Tools
We know that learning to use TS GOLD, for both early childhood teachers and administrators, is a formidable undertaking. We also know that when learning any new skill, it is useful to have a clear understanding of the skills that we are being asked to learn. To assist with this, we are pleased to be sharing four tools with you:
1. Suggestions for Teachers for Using the Self-Reflection Tool for Early Childhood Teachers on the Effective use of TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado
This companion to the self-reflection tool for early childhood teachers contains ideas for how teachers might use the tool over the entire year.
2. Self-Reflection Tool for Early Childhood Teachers on the Effective Use of TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado
This self-reflection tool provides an opportunity to assess the extent that early childhood teachers have mastered the skills/performances required to use TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado.
3. Suggestions for Coaches, Supervisors, and Administrators for Using the Self-Reflection Tool for Early Childhood Teachers on the Effective Use of TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado
This companion to the self-reflection tool for early childhood teachers contains ideas for how coaches, supervisors, and administrators might use the tool with early childhood teachers over the entire school year.
4. Self-Reflection Tool for Administrators on the Effective Use of TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado
This self-reflection tool provides an opportunity to assess the extent that administrators have mastered the skills/performances required to use TS GOLD for Results Matter–Colorado.
We hope that these tools will help early childhood teachers and administrators learn to use TS GOLD well by giving them: the “big picture” of the skills they need to master; a sequence for which skills to focus on during each stage of their learning process; and a way to gauge their progress as well as gain confidence. The self-reflection tool for teachers can also help coaches, supervisors, and administrators to: assist teachers in developing personal learning plans; support teacher’s performance over time; gauge teacher’s progress; plan appropriate group-based professional development and performance support activities; foster reflective practices; and appraise performance.
Please keep in mind:
- These tools represent only part of the story – they should be used in conjunction with observations, conversations, and reviews of checkpoint data and portfolios.
- The next phase of this effort is to provide professional development and support resources for each of the performances listed on the self-reflection tools via easy-to-navigate links – stay tuned!
- The self-reflection tools were developed by conducting a task-analysis of the effective use of TS GOLD, with input from teachers, administrators, professional development specialists, and Teaching Strategies reviewers. Still, there is likely to be local variation in what is expected of teachers or when it is to be expected. To account for this, we are providing Word versions of the tools so you can modify them as needed.
- You have permission to modify these documents, but please use the following attribution guidelines:
- If you use these tools “as-is,” we ask you to acknowledge Results Matter, Colorado Department of Education as the author by using the authorship statement provided at the end of each document.
- If you modify the documents we ask that you include at the end of the document an acknowledgement such as:
“Adapted from [the reference provided at the end of the document]”