- The following regional, in-person trainings are being scheduled for the upcoming year; please visit this page to find details on the individual trainings.
- What to Expect During an Administrative Review
- Free and Reduced Price Meals, Direct Certification and Verification Training
- Fundamentals of Menu Planning
- Procurement in the 21st Century Training
- School Nutrition Programs Academy
- Summer Food Service Program Sponsor Training
- Colorado School Nutrition Association (CSNA) Summer Conference
- Conference Resources
Online Trainings and Webinars
- Direct Certification
- Free and Reduced Price Meals
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable
- School Lunch Meal Pattern
- School Nutrition Programs Academy (PPT)
- Smarter Lunchrooms Training Series
- Special Dietary Needs
- Summer Food Service Program
- Verification Online Training
- Office of School Nutrition / USDA Webinars
- Webinar details for upcoming OSN and USDA presentations
Archived program specific online trainings and webinars
2017-2018 Office of School Nutrition Training Schedule - coming soon!
- Click here for the -2017-2018 training schedule
Request for Training
- The CDE Office of School Nutrition offers training and technical assistance outside of announced and regional trainings. The office receives requests on a variety of subject matter, ranging from Special Dietary Needs to Menu Planning and Production Records. Complete and submit the OSN Training and Technical Assistance Request Form and the OSN will follow-up with your request.
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has established minimum professional standards requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.The standards are another key provision of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 and aim to institute minimum education standards for new state and local school nutrition directors, as well as annual training standards for all school nutrition professionals. Click on the link above to learn more and access resources available to you and your school district.
Dietetic Internship Rotation
- For information on partnering with the Office of School Nutrition on a dietetic internship rotation, visit the Dietetic Internship Rotation webpage.
School Nutrition Partner Trainings
- Colorado School Nutrition Association (CSNA)
- eXtension Healthy Food Choices in Schools
- Beyond the Lunchroom: How School Meals Can Promote Nutrition and Combat Hunger
- Programs to Encourage Fruit and Vegetable Consumption in Schools & Communities
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement Evaluation Tools for School Meal Environments
- Best Practices for Planning, Procuring, and Marketing Healthy School Meals
- Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN)
- School Food Institute - an initiative of the Chef Ann Foundation
- School Nutrition Association (SNA)
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement (CDE Office of School Nutrition)
- Team Nutrition (USDA FNS)
For additional training information, email Heather Hauswirth or call 303-866-6871.