Direct Certification Training
The 2016-2017 Direct Certification Online Training is now available.
- Free and Reduced Price, Direct Certification and Verification Training
- These trainings have been completed for the current year.
Direct Certification Letters and Forms
- Direct Certification Eligibility Notification Letter
- Extend Eligibility to Other Household Members Form
- Medicaid Release Form - English
- Direct Certification Eligibility Notification Letter - Spanish
- Extend Eligibility to Other Household Members Form - Spanish
- Medicaid Release - Spanish
Direct Certification Annual Forms
Direct Certification Resources
- Direct Certification - Upload Instructions
- Direct Certification Process - Step-by-Step
- Helpful Hints
- CDE Guidance on Data Privacy & Security
- File Conversions
- File Layout
Direct Certification of Migrant Students
The CDE OSN is now receiving weekly lists of Colorado migrant students. These migrant student lists will be made available to districts in order to directly certify migrant students for free meals. Previously, you have received this information from your district migrant liaison. Now, with CDE receiving this information, these weekly lists will increase the frequency that districts will be able to directly certify migrant students.
How will the weekly procedure work?
1. Migrant student lists will be shared weekly through Syncplicity, a secure file sharing server
a. District contacts will receive an email to create a Syncplicity login OR to view the shared file (if the district contact already has an existing Syncplicity account)
b. Districts will be able to open the excel file in Syncplicity and view the list of migrant students in their district. Districts need to directly certify these students for free meals.
2. Upon direct certification of the migrant students, the district will:
a. Notify families of their eligibility for free price meals. Please ensure your letters meet all requirements (review page 47 of the eligibility manual).
b. Date and sign a printed copy of the excel file for the district records
c. Label directly certified students as migrant in their benefit issuance system and/or point-of-sale (POS)
3. Districts will email Rachael Burnham a confirmation with the number of migrant students who have been directly certified from the weekly list
USDA Memos and Resources
- Eligibility Manual for School Meals
- SP 25-2010; CACFP 11-2010; SFSP 10-2015 Q&As on Extending Categorical Eligibility to Additional Children in a Household
- SP 38-2009, CACFP 08-2009, SFSP 07-2009 Extending Categorical Eligibility to Additional Children in a Household
- SP 51 - 2014 Eligibility Effective Date for Directly Certified Students
For additional information, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org