You are here
School Health Professional Grant Program - State and Local Federal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) SLFRF-1243 and SLFRF-147
The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) program, is a part of the American Rescue Plan. SLFRF funds are given to eligible education providers to enhance the presence of school health professionals in both elementary and secondary schools. School Health Professionals are School Nurses, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, and School Counselors.
This federal reimbursement grant program intends to:
- Increase the presence of licensed school health professionals to provide behavioral health education and intervention to students who are enrolled in elementary and secondary schools.
- Provide training and resources to school staff for implementing evidence-based programming for behavioral health education and care for all students.
- Allow school health professionals to connect students enrolled in elementary and secondary schools with services provided by community-based organizations for treatment and counseling.
SHPG State and Local Federal Recovery Funds: This is a federal reimbursement grant
The RFA Webinar webinar was recorded October 13, 2022 and is an overview of the SLFRF grant, its timelines, and the submission process.
Professional Development Information
2023 CDE Fall Grant Writing Training
Please join us for a grant writing training hosted by CDE and conducted by grant-writing specialist, Annette Sloan! We have 4 locations and dates across the state.
Annette will guide participants in:
- Getting organized for grant applications
- Writing high-quality grant application responses
- Using data effectively for a compelling case
- Crafting SMART goals aligned with grant purpose
- Clear communication of grant activities and timeline
- Creating a well-thought-out budget
Dates and Locations (all trainings are from 9 am - 3:30 pm):
- October 4, 2023 - Alamosa School District - 403 Santa Fe Avenue, Alamosa, CO 81101
- November 14, 2023 - Edwards Early Learning Center - 1121 Miller Ranch Rd. Edwards, CO 81632
- November 16, 2023 - Thompson School District - 800 S Taft Ave, Loveland, CO 80537
- December 14, 2023 - Lewis Palmer School District - 146 Jefferson Street, Monument, CO 80132
View Invitation [PDF]
Behavioral Health Grants Senior Consultant
Health Education Services