- Metro Area
- North Central
- Pikes Peak
- West Central
Type of Provider: Consultant
4101 S. Bannock St.
Englewood, CO 80110
Program Description: The CASE Supervision and Evaluation course is a 4-day seminar series for practicing administrators who desire to update their knowledge and skills in evaluation and for those without an administrative license who have been assigned by their district as an evaluator designee and/or wish to become certified as an evaluator using the Colorado State Model Evaluation System. The series focuses on the concepts, theory and best practices in effective supervision and evaluation, as well as the processes and tools of effective evaluation systems in the context of standards-based practice.
- Understand the requirements and alignment of the State Model Evaluation System (S.B. 191) for teachers, principals and special service providers.
- Explore the resources, tools and supports available to evaluators to implement the State Model Evaluation System.
- Review the research on teaching and learning systems, and apply this knowledge to establish inter-rater agreement around good teaching and its impact on effective evaluation.
- Learn how to use the rubric as part of an overall quality school improvement process system, including data collection, observation, conferencing and managing the system efficiently.
- Improve observation and conferencing skills, including skills for providing effective feedback.
- Understand the relationship between supervision and evaluation, quality instruction, Colorado Academic Standards, school improvement and academic growth.
- Learn how to identify which standards and elements should be the focus of a teacher's evaluation in order to develop a professional growth plan.
- Understand measures of student learning, methods of data collection and analysis, and the impact on final effectiveness ratings.
- Understand how to collect a solid body of evidence and artifacts from multiple sources beyond observation, and practice a data conference.
- Identify key factors to consider in written evaluation report writing associated with supervision and evaluation.
- Explore the legal, political and economic environment in which teacher evaluation occurs.