You are here
Early Childhood Special Education Statewide Meetings
CDE Fall Early Childhood Special Education Meetings
Meetings occur in the Fall of each school year in several locations across the state, typically in from late September to early November. These collaborative opportunities are for early childhood leaders in the field who are special education administrators that oversee preschool special education, Child Find Coordinators, and Special Education Directors. Meetings are designed for adressing the needs of these leaders and attendance is limited to these roles.
Fall 2023 work session meetings are scheduled to network, share, and learn together about serving preschool aged children with IEPs. During these meetings, system leaders will work together on pertinent topics in serving preschool aged children who have IEPs in special education.
Who should attend?
Space is limited to Administrative Units (AU) leaders in special education for early childhood students with IEPs. This includes special education administrators, and/or preschool directors who oversee programming for children with disabilities. Individuals with these role designations are invited:
- Special Education Directors
- Child Find Coordinators for Children 3 through 5
- Those in leadership roles responsible at the AU level for implementing preschool programming for children with IEPs, or those in member districts of the AU and invited by the AU leadership
What are the topics and activities?
Engaging opportunities will include:
- Exploring the recently released CDE Standards for Preschool Placements
- Understanding how agreements between organizations who serve young children with IEPs can support the AU to fulfill their obligations
- Considering how the CDEC-CDE Memorandum of Understanding and Updated ECEA Rules inform your local child identification and preschool efforts
- Results Matter implementation
- Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the context of Universal Preschool
Where and when?
- Loveland- September 26, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Denver - October 3, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Montrose - October 18, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Eagle - October 19, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Pueblo - October 24, 2023, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Virtual - November 7, 2023, 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Registration for each meeting closes two weeks before each date.
Accommodations should be requested by September 12 for all meetings.
Confirmation emails will be sent during the week after registration closes for each meeting. Specific meeting location and materials needed to prepare and fully participate will be sent with your confirmation email. For more information or questions, contact Marcia Blum or Rebecca Browning-Floyd.
Contact Marcia Blum for more information or past resources.
CDE Statewide Early Childhood Special Education Meeting
The statewide meeting is held in early spring of each year. Sessions are provided to promote the continuous improvement of inclusive preschool practices and the leadership capacity of preschool special education administrators, Child Find Coordinators, and other administrators who oversee the preschool special education process.
Save the Date! This year's state meeting will be held on February 29 and March 1, 2024.
For more information, contact Marcia Blum.
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.