A branch of CDE, the Division of Capital Construction has developed a series of programs and resources for capital construction funding and technical assistance for school districts, traditional public schools, charter schools, BOCES, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.
Please join the CCA listserve to receive notification of Division announcements.
This video provides a short overview of the history of the BEST program. It demonstrates how BEST is affecting positive educational change through capital construction to help realize CDE's goal that "all students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in a global society, in the workforce, and in life."
Opportunities and Announcements
Next Capital Construction Assistance Board Meeting
- August 3, 2017 *Retreat 9:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
Location: Jefferson County School District Administration Center
1829 Denver West Dr. Building #27, Golden, CO 80401
- View last month's meeting agenda(pdf)
FY2018-19 BEST Financial Assistance Cycle Timeline
FY2017-18 Grant Application Selection
- FY2017-18 Awarded Projects(excel)
- FY2017-18 Grant Application Summary(PDF) - Received by February 24, 2017
May 2015 marked the first grant cycle in which marijuana excise tax revenues were used to fund capital construction projects around our state. Find out more about the revenue sources funding the BEST Assistance Fund here.
Impact of the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) Grant Program
The BEST program is helping to significantly and positively impact students and communities throughout Colorado by assisting them with their capital construction needs.
Since 2008, the BEST program has:
- Helped over 149,300 students in 381 school facilities throughout 128 school districts
- Funded 261 public school grants for a total of $2,008,556,248.55
- Helped create and support roughly 21,087 jobs