A branch of CDE, the Division of Capital Construction has developed a series of programs and resources for capital construction funding and technical assistance for school districts, traditional public schools, charter schools, BOCES, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.
Please join the CCA listserve to receive notification of Division announcements.
This video provides a short overview of the history of the BEST program. It demonstrates how BEST is affecting positive educational change through capital construction to help realize CDE's goal that "all students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in a global society, in the workforce, and in life."
Opportunities and Announcements
The BEST Grant Application will be opening soon! Please join us for a live webinar on Tuesday, December 16, at 10 a.m.
The AirWaterGas Sustainability Research Network (SRN) at the University of Colorado Boulder is pleased to announce a Request for Applications (RFA) for K-12 and community-led projects that improve awareness of sustainable pathways for energy development. These grants will fund projects that seek to improve understanding of the risks and benefits of oil and gas development as they pertain to air quality, water quality and quantity, economic effects, or other factors.
Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded. Applications are due Monday, December 15 by 5:00 PM. Incomplete and late proposals will not be considered.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings:
- Sheridan - ECC Renovation and MS Replacement. Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Location: 4000 S. Lowell Boulevard, Denver, CO 80236
- Haxtun RE-2J - K-12 Renovation and Addition. Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Location: 201 W. Powell Street, Haxtun, CO 80731
- Otis R-3 - PK-12 School Replacement. Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. Location: 518 Dungan Street, Otis, CO 80743
- Dolores RE-4A - Votec/Science Replacement, Safety/Security Upgrades, and Classroom Additions - Friday, February 6, 2015. Time TBD. Location: 1301 Central Avenue, Dolores, CO 81323
Impact of BEST
The BEST program is helping to significantly and postively impact students and communities throughout Colorado by assisting with their capital construction needs.
Since 2008, the BEST program has:
- Helped over 138,800 students in 354 school facilities throughout 119 school districts
- Funded 235 public school grants for a total of $1,155,431,343
- Helped create and support over 19,586 jobs