There are 27 adult education programs in Colorado utilizing federal Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) Grant funds and/or state Adult Education and Literacy Act (AELA) Grant funds during the 2017-18 program year. Individual sites, along with program contact information, can be identified using the map to the right.
2017-18 Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) Grantees
The following is the list of the grantees approved for federal-funding in 2017-18 under the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA):
- Adams County School District 14
- Asian Pacific Development Center
- Boulder Valley Family Literacy Program
- Colorado Mountain College
- Colorado Northwestern Community College
- Community College of Aurora
- Community College of Denver
- Community Educational Outreach
- Durango Adult Education Center
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Focus Points Family Resource Center
- Front Range Community College
- Hilltop Community Resources Inc
- Immigrant and Refugee Center of Northern Colorado
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Montrose Adult Education Center
- Northeastern Junior College
2017-18 AEFLA Grant Competition
- 2017-18 AEFLA RFP (PDF)
- Sec. 222 Adult Education and Literacy Budget Template (XLSX)
- Sec. 243 IEL/CE Budget Template (XLSX)
- December 7, 2016: AEFLA Grant Opportunity Released
- December 16, 2016: Application Training Webinar. The recorded webinar and power point slide (PDF) were made available following the webinar.
- January 6, 2017: Letter of Intent Due
- January 10, 2017: Grant Writing Tips Webinar. The recorded webinar and power point slides (PDF) were made available following the webinar.
- January 13, 2017: Integrated Education and Training Webinar. The recorded webinar and power point slides (PDF) were made available following the webinar.
- February 16, 2017: Local Workforce Development Board Training-Reviewing for local plan alignment
- February 21, 2017: Applications Due
- February 27, 2017: Application sent to Local Workforce Development Boards to review for local plan alignment
- March 31, 2017: Local Workforce Development Board Review Due
- April 5, 2017: Reviewers received a recorded reviewer training webinar and applications to review
- April 17, 2017: Individual application scores due to CDE Competitive Grants Office
- April 18, 2017: AEFLA Review Day: Teams of reviewers come to consensus on application scores using the scoring rubric
- May 1, 2017: Intent to Awards Released
- May 15, 2017: Required changes due for grantees who received an award notification of “Funded with Changes”
- June 5, 2017: AEI releases list of potential adult education funding opportunities on the CLICK listserv
During competition, other resources were also posted for prospective grantees including AEFLA Funding Opportunity FAQs, and information regarding shared infrastructure costs, College and Career Readiness Standards, Integrated Education and Training models, and employability skills.