Welcome to the gifted education section of the CDE website. We hope that at this site, you will find answers to many of your questions and the support you need for working with highly-able students. The Office of Gifted Education is one of three offices under the Exceptional Student Services Unit (along with the Office of Special Education and the Office of Facility Schools).
All Gifted students will accomplish challenging post-secondary work/force goals and become productive, creative citizens capable of succeeding in their area of strength.
Ensure gifted student growth and achievement through systems of support, programming and advocacy.
- Application Cover Pages and Assurances (DOC)
- Application Template (XLS)
- Universal Screening and Qualified Personnel Grant Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Advanced Learning Plan Worksheet (PDF)
ESSU Gifted Identification and Assessment Practices
- ESSU Gifted Identification and Assessment Practices Webinar and Information
- Gifted Identification (with yellow highlights) revised
- Gifted Identification, January 2016
Frequently Asked Questios for Gifted Education Identification
Find it Now
- Advanced Learning Plan Worksheet 2016 (PDF)
- G.E.T. (Gifted Education Tuesdays) Series 2015-2016
- Universal Screening and Qualified Personnel Grant Award (PDF)
- Meeting Handouts - Gifted Education Directors' Meeting Documents: February 2016 and September 2015
- ESSU Technical Assistance - House Bill 14-1102: Concerning gifted education programs in public schools (PDF)
ESSU/Data Management System (DMS)
- Gifted Education Data Management System Guidance Document 2/17/2016
- Gifted Education DMS Announcement
- Gifted Education Identifier in Data Management (PDF)
- Gifted Education DMS Overview: