The assurances for written evaluation systems are intended to ensure that school districts and BOCES across Colorado implement written evaluation systems that are aligned with Senate Bill 10-191 and the State Board Rules for the Evaluation of Licensed Personnel. CDE successfully collected assurances from all districts last year indicating how licensed personnel in their district or BOCES will be evaluated.
- View a summary of the data that was collected in 2014
- View a summary map of the school districts/BOCES using the Colorado State Model Evaluation System, local systems and hybrid systems for teachers
- View a summary map of the school districts/BOCES using the Colorado State Model Evaluation System, local systems and hybrid systems for principals
Assurance Process for 2015
Each year, by July 1st, Colorado districts and BOCES are required to submit assurances that they are implementing the State Model Evaluation System or another evaluation system that is aligned with Senate Bill 10-191 and State Board Rules.
- Assurance 1: What evaluation system is being used to evaluate each category of licensed personnel employed by the district/BOCES?
- Assurance 2: Is the district/BOCES meeting all the requirements outlined in sections 5.01 (Principals and Teachers), and 4.04 (Specialized Service Professionals) of the State Board Rules for Written Evaluation Systems
- Assurance 3: For the 2014/15 school year, what weight was applied to the Measures of Student Learning portion of an educator’s evaluation? (House Bill 14-165)
- Assurance 4: What is the website address where district/BOCES evaluation information may be located? (Link to list of all district websites)
- Signed by the Superintendent/BOCES Executive Director AND the School Board President/BOCES Board Chairperson.
Superintendents and BOCES Executive Directors will receive an e-mail with a link to submit their 2015 Assurances. Click here to see what was submitted last year.
In an effort to reduce the burden on districts and BOCES a new process has been developed to streamline the submission process:
The Superintendent/BOCES Executive Director
- Receives link to web form in an e-mail
- Click here to request the link to submit your 2015 Assurances (Add "Please Send Me the Assurances Link" to the subject line)
- Completes web form online
- Prints web form summary
- Signs web form summary
- Gets signature from Board President/BOCES Board Chairperson
- E-mails or faxes signed web form summary to Toby King (Subject Line: Assurances 2015)
- Fax: (866)520-4284
- Files original
- 2015 Essential Elements of a Local Personnel Evaluation System (a checklist designed to assist districts with Assurance # 2)
- Sample Web Form
- Step by step instructions for submitting 2015 Assurances
Please contact Toby King if you have any questions or need any assistance about assurances.