by the Colorado State Publications Library
Various agencies of Colorado state government provide resources concerning the issues of seniors and aging as well as for caregivers. This is a quick information guide to selected print and electronic publications as well as web sites maintained by state agencies. Many current and historical print publications on this topic are available to borrow from the State Publications Library. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo.
State Government Websites
- "Assisted Living Residences" from the Colorado Department of Public Health - Links to consumer and provider information including choosing a residence, regulations, guidelines plus searching by city and county.
- "Division of Aging and Adult Services" of the Colorado Department of Human Services - Links to valuable sites for older adults and persons with disabilities and other special needs including the Senior (55+) Benefits Check-Up, Adult Income and Medical Support, Adult Protection & Elder Rights Programs, Older Americans/Coloradans Act, and much more.
- "Fact Sheets on the Elderly" from the Colorado State University Cooperative Extension - Brief, overview of information related to the elderly on such topics as fraud, safe housing, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, preventing falls, alcohol abuse, and depression.
- "Fall Prevention" from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - tips and suggestions on the steps you can take to prevent falls.
- "Health Facilities Division Information Center" of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - An electronic listing with searching capabilities for many health facilities such as assisted living residences, home health agencies, hospices, and nursing homes.
- "HIPAA Information" - This site from the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing includes a HIPAA overview and links to related state agency and federal programs.
- "Nursing Homes/Nursing Care Facilities from the Colorado Department of Public Health" - Links to consumer and provider information including choosing a nursing home, protocols, state survey system plus searching by city and county.
- "Publications and Guidelines from the Health Facilities Division" of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - Links are to documents relating to occurrence reporting, end-of-life care, restraint regulations, assisted living checklist, medications, and long term care.
- "Senior Health/Medicare" from the Colorado Division of Insurance - The Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program helps people enrolled in Medicare with questions about health insurance. Topics addressed include Medicare, Medigap, Medicare HMO's, Medicaid assistance for people on Medicare, and long-term care insurance.
Suggestions for Searching the State Publications Online Catalog
For records of print publications to borrow and/or links to electronic publications, search our library catalog at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo
The following are some suggested keywords and/or subject headings:
Assisted living or congregate housing
Colorado Commission on Aging
Falls (Accidents) in old age
Insurance Long-term care
For additional information, e-mail email@example.com