CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Quick Guide to Safe Schools and Youth Violence Prevention Information from State Agencies
by the Colorado State Publications Library
For further information contact the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated October 2020
Various agencies of Colorado state government provide resources in the areas of safe schools, bullying, and youth violence prevention. This is a quick information guide to selected print and electronic publications as well as web sites maintained by state agencies.
For records of print publications to borrow and/or links to electronic publications, search our library catalog with keywords: school violence, youth violence, violence prevention, schools safety measures, or bullying, at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo
State government web pages:
- Bullying Prevention and Education - Best practices and resources from the Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado School Safety Resource Center - A portal from the Colorado Department of Public Safety designed to assist educators, emergency responders, community organizations, school mental health professionals, parents and students in creating safe school environments for Colorado students.
- Colorado School Violence Prevention and Student Discipline Manual (PDF) - from the Attorney General's Office
- Governor's Columbine Review Commission Report (PDF) - an independent review of the Columbine High School tragedy, published March 2001
- Report on the Arapahoe High School shooting : lessons learned on information sharing, threat assessment, and systems integrity
- safe2tell, Colorado Student Crime Stoppers
- Ten years after Columbine: (PDF) Highlights of School Safety Efforts in Colorado
The Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence of the University of Colorado at Boulder (https://cspv.colorado.edu/) has several web sites related to research on these issues:
- Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development - Model Programs
- Publications - school safety research and prevention publications, training and planning tools. Many of these are available to borrow from the State Publications Library
For additional information, e-mail email@example.com