by the Colorado State Publications Library
For further information contact the library staff at email@example.com
Revised August 2013
Various agencies of Colorado state government provide resources in the areas of safe schools, bullying, and youth violence prevention. This is a quick information guide to selected print and electronic publications as well as web sites maintained by state agencies.
For records of print publications to borrow and/or links to electronic publications, search our library catalog with keywords: school violence, youth violence, violence prevention, schools safety measures, or bullying, at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo
State government web pages:
- Best Practices: Violence and Crime Prevention
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention - Best practices and resources from the Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado School Safety Resource Center - A portal from the Colorado Department of Public Safety designed to assist educators,emergecy responders, community organizations, school mental health professional, parents and students in creating safe school environments for Colorado students.
- Colorado School Violence Prevention and Student Discipline Manual
- Governor's Columbine Review Commission Report
- safe2tell, Colorado Student Crime Stoppers
- Safe Schools: An Overview of Requirements, with legal issues from the Colorado Legislative Council
- Ten years after Columbine: Highlights of School Safety Efforts in Colorado
The Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence of the University of Colorado at Boulder (http://www.colorado.edu/cspv/index.html) has several web sites related to research on these issues:
- Blueprints for Violence Prevention - Model Programs
- Bullying Prevention
- Databases - four databases for violence related research including literature, violence prevention programs, curricula, and evaluation tools.
- Research Publications List - Many of these are available to borrow from the State Publications Library
- Safe Communities - Safe Schools
For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org