You are here
Quick Guide to State Wildfire and Drought Information
by the Colorado State Publications Library
For further information contact the library staff at email@example.com
Revised February 2023
Various agencies of Colorado state government provide resources in the areas of drought management and wildfire impacts and recovery. This is a quick information guide to selected web sites maintained by state agencies.
For records of print publications to borrow and/or links to electronic publications, search our library catalog with keywords "drought" or "water conservation" or "wildfires" or "forest fires."
- Colorado State Forest Service Wildfire Information - tips on wildfire prevention, how to protect your home from wildfire, and information in case of evacuation
- Fire resources from the Colorado State University Extension
- Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management - a list of county-level emergency management offices, fire restriction maps, and resources for finding current information on wildfires or disasters.
- Health Concerns - air quality issues, symptoms of smoke exposure, and how to protect your family.
- Wildfire prevention - videos and guides on how to prepare and defend yourself, family and home from a wildfire. Compiled by the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Wildfire Risk Public Viewer - an interactive tool displaying a variety of data including wildfire risk, burn probability, surface fuels and a layer for the wildland urban interface which shows the density of housing along wildland areas.
- Drought information from the Colorado State University Extension including fact sheets, webinars and risk management resources.
- Colorado Climate Center
- Colorado Water Center
- Water Management - Water conservation and supply plans plus water efficiency information from the Office of Water Conservation.
For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org