CDE will be closed on Monday, May 29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Quick Guide to State Wildfire and Drought Information
by the Colorado State Publications Library
For further information contact the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised February 2023
Various agencies of Colorado state government provide resources in the areas of drought management and wildfire impacts and recovery. This is a quick information guide to selected web sites maintained by state agencies.
For records of print publications to borrow and/or links to electronic publications, search our library catalog with keywords "drought" or "water conservation" or "wildfires" or "forest fires."
- Colorado State Forest Service Wildfire Information - tips on wildfire prevention, how to protect your home from wildfire, and information in case of evacuation
- Fire resources from the Colorado State University Extension
- Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management - a list of county-level emergency management offices, fire restriction maps, and resources for finding current information on wildfires or disasters.
- Health Concerns - air quality issues, symptoms of smoke exposure, and how to protect your family.
- Wildfire prevention - videos and guides on how to prepare and defend yourself, family and home from a wildfire. Compiled by the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Wildfire Risk Public Viewer - an interactive tool displaying a variety of data including wildfire risk, burn probability, surface fuels and a layer for the wildland urban interface which shows the density of housing along wildland areas.
- Drought information from the Colorado State University Extension including fact sheets, webinars and risk management resources.
- Colorado Climate Center
- Colorado Water Center
- Water Management - Water conservation and supply plans plus water efficiency information from the Office of Water Conservation.
For additional information, e-mail email@example.com
Connect With Us