Youth DataHealthy Kids Colorado Survey and School Health ProfilesLatest News:
- The Healthy Kids Colorado Survey Report was reviewed and discussed at the Colorado Coalition for Healthy Schools meeting on September 7th. Click here to review the report.
- Colorado Obtains Weighted Data on the 2011 Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (i.e., Youth Risk Behavior Survey). More information to come at the March 2, 2012 Coalition Meeting.
- Colorado administers CDC's School Health Profiles from February-April 2012.
As a component of the funded project from the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC), CDE’s Office of Health and Wellness
supports ongoing surveillance efforts to measure trends in student
health behavior and school-level health policies. The Healthy Kids
Colorado Survey is the local name for CDC’s Youth Risk Behavior
Survey, which is administered every other year with a sample of
Colorado school to determine prevalence of health-risk behavior and
trends related to these behaviors. CDC’s School Health Profiles
are also collected every other year from secondary principals and health
education teachers to provide data on school health policies and
practices in Colorado.
Contact Amy Dillon at 303-866-6903 with questions.
- Colorado Fact Sheets: 2009 YRBS
- 2009 Youth Risk Behavior Survey Results
Survey Summary (PDF)-Provides a summary of your sample, including the number of participating students and schools, response rates, and weighted percentages of students by demographic characteristics.
- Summary Graphs (PPT)-Contains color bar graphs representing both “positive” and “negative” results for selected behaviors.
- Summary Tables (PDF)-Contains the weighted percentage of students for each “response of interest (ROI)” for each question and each supplemental variable. The ROI represents a predetermined combination of response options.
Graphs (PPT)-Contains color bar charts based on data from the Summary Tables.
Brochure describing the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (PDF)
Highlights from the 2007 Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (unweighted
data - PDF)
- 2007 Data from the unweighted Youth Risk Behavior
2005 Data from the weighted Youth Risk Behavior Survey
2007 Youth Tobacco Attitudes and Behavior Survey (PDF)
- Local Healthy Kids Colorado surveys for your school
Principal and Teacher Data
The School Health Profiles is a biannual survey of middle and high school principals and health teachers to assess school health policies and programs
2008 Colorado Results (PDF)
- School Health Profiles: Characteristics of Health Profiles Among Secondary Schools (PDF)
Presentation at August 10, 2010 Coalition Meeting
- Fact Sheets
Send an e-mail to sign-up for information on training, grants and resources for schools.