The Colorado Department of Education compiled information to help school districts and families who have been impacted by the flooding across the state. These resources are intended to help with educational issues associated with natural disasters and to provide information on emergency community assistance.
Here is a list of common questions and answers.
This covers a variety of topics being raised to CDE at this time and will continue to evolve as new questions come to CDE’s attention. Please check back regularly.
The Great Colorado Flood Relief Project,
Stephanie Baum and Scott Brooks.
CDE Educational Resources
- Homeless Resources
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education - For students displaced by disasters.
- District Liaisons
- McKinney-Vento Q&A
- Expediting McKinney Identification
- McKinney Identification Template
- Serving Students Experiencing Homelessness under Title I Part A
- Title I and Homelessness
- Libraries - Salvaging treasures after a flood.
- Migrant Education
Regional Coordinators may have info on local emergency support/resources for migrant families.
- Mental Health Resources
- Crisis Counseling Guide
- Crisis Coping for Special Needs Children
- Helping Students Recover from Trauma
- School Crisis Guide
- Options for October 1st Pupil Count
- Project SERV Grants (School Emergency Response to Violence)
- School Nutrition
- USDA Foods Program Disaster Manual
- USDA Disaster Response Memo
- Options for Providing Nutritious Snacks/Meals to Students Afterschool
- Transportation Assistance
- Colorado United
One-stop location for info on flood recovery efforts including news, impacted areas, and how to get help.
- 2-1-1 Colorado
- American Red Cross
- Colorado State University Pest Management Resources
- Consulate of Mexico in Denver - Flood Resources
- County Emergency Managers
Contact info, receive emergency alerts, and more.
- Department of Public Health and Environment Flood Resources
- Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Division of Water Resources - Water Conditions
- Emergency Events Info
Maps, impacted areas, and more.
- Environmental Protection Agency Resources
- Small Business Development Center Network - Disaster Relief Program
- State Highway Openings and Closings
- Salvation Army
- Water Conservation Board Flood Threat Bulletin
- Other National, State and Local Disaster Resources
- Behavioral Health Tip Sheets
- Coping Strategies - For you and your young child
- Disaster Assistance - Apply for help from FEMA
- How to Help - Charities that are helping people and pets
- Live Updates - From the Denver Post
- Safe and Well - Find loved ones or register yourself as "safe and well" with the Red Cross
- Safety Tips - How to survive flash floods
- The Great Colorado Flood Relief Project
The Denver Post , Daniel J. Schneider, Daniel Boniface and Kevin Hamm.