Supporting Literacy in Individuals with Autism Through the Use of Assistive Technologies (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Amy Bixler Coffin, M.S. and Jan Rogers, M.S.
Originally aired October 15, 2014
- Gain understanding of common reading barriers for students with ASD
- Gain understanding of features of technology that address reading barriers
- Gain understanding of the need and process to feature matching student needs and technology features
- Become informed of AT tools for reading
After watching the webinar in the section called View the Webinar (upper left-side), please email Janet Zimmermann your contact information and your response to the 3 study questions to receive your certificate. Janet's email is email@example.com
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your District
- Your Role (teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Discuss the benefits of using the feature matching process to select assistive technology options that support literacy for a student with ASD.
- Describe how the combination of different technologies that enabled Jada to participate in her general education classroom's biomes lesson.
View the Webinar:
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
Upon receipt of completed study questions you will receive a certificate for .75 hours