Sex Abuse Prevention Through Sex Education Training, Part 01 (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Michelle Grayson-Feldman, M.S. Ed.
Original aired November 30, 2016
Participants will be able to:
- Identify what the risk factors are for sexual exploitation
- Identify why this is a need for sex abuse prevention as part of the role of educating our students
- Identify ways in which students with autism and/or intellectual disabilities learn best
- Define sexuality
- What is the difference between sexuality education and sex education?
- Why are people with autism and intellectual disabilities at such high risk of exploitation?
View the Webinar:
- Sex Abuse Prevention Through Sex Education, Part 01
- Sex Abuse Prevention Through Sex Education, Part 02
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
To receive a certificate for this webinar please complete a brief webinar survey. Upon completion of the survey participants will receive a certificate for 1 training hour.