An Introduction to High Functioning Autism (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Dawna Sigurdson and Annette Wragge
Originally aired August, 2015
- Understand the characteristics and differences specific to individuals on the higher functioning end of the autism spectrum.
- Gain information on supports for individuals with ASD to increase success in a variety of settings
- Be introduced to a variety of technology tools that can effectively support many individuals with ASD
- Describe the characteristics of individuals with high functioning autism.
- Explain why autism is considered a spectrum disorder.
- List 3 supports that were discussed in the webinar for supporting students with autism in educational, home or community settings.
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
After viewing the webinar please complete a brief SurveyMonkey evaluation to receive a certificate for .75 CDE training hour.