Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02 (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Teri McGill, M.S. Ed.D. and Melissa Scheidt, M.S. Ed.D.
Originally aired October 8, 2014
- Be able to identify visual supports that can be utilized with individuals with autism.
- Understand some effective ways to structure the environment.
- Identify useful transition and choice making supports.
- Understand the importance of accommodations.
- Identify accommodations that will be effective for a student/child.
- Discuss the benefits presented in the webinar of structuring the environment for students with ASDs.
- Discuss what you regarding the negative effects of para-educator proximity to students with autism.
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
After viewing the webinar please complete a brief webinar evaluation (opens in a new window) to receive a certificate for 1.0 CDE training hours.