Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01 (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Teri McGill, M.S. Ed.D. and Melissa Scheidt, M.S. Ed.D.
Originally aired October 3, 2014
- Understand the characteristics of students with autism.
- Understand that autism is a spectrum disorder.
- Understand the behaviors that lie beneath the surface (icebergs) for many individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Identify strategies to use reinforcement effectively for a student with autism.
- Gain insight into some perspectives of individuals with autism.
- Discuss the benefits presented in the webinar of using reinforcement systems (token boards, visual schedule of reinforcement, etc.) with students with autism.
- Discuss what you learned from the section on icebergs in autism – understanding what lied beneath certain behaviors..
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
After viewing the webinar please complete a brief webinar evaluation (opens in a new window) to receive a certificate for 1.0 CDE training hours.