ASD and Literacy, Part 1: The Intersection of Cognition and Literacy in Students with ASD (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Requirement for School / District Staff: N/A
Presenters: Christina R. Carnahan, Ed.D. and Pamela S. Williamson, Ed.D.
Originally aired November 12, 2014
- Gain an overview of the cognitive profiles of students with ASD.
- Learn about the relationship of cognitive profile reading.
- Gain knowledge of the three Reading Comprehension Profiles (Text Bound, Strategic, and Imaginative) in ASD.
- Learn about foundations of effective assessments for reading comprehension.
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- ASD and Literacy, Part 1: The Intersection of Cognition and Literacy in Students with ASD
- ASD and Literacy, Part 2: Assessing the Communication and Literacy Needs
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
After watching the webinar please answer the study questions and complete a SurveyMonkey evaluation.