Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Basics (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Originally aired September 10, 2014
Jane Goetz, M.S.Ed.
- Understand the major figures in the history of ASD.
- Understand the triad of characteristics for a diagnosis of an ASD.
- Be introduced to the new DSM-5 criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Learn some typical problems that may be present in individuals with ASD.
- Understand what educators can do to facilitate student success
- Discuss the benefits presented in the webinar of an early diagnosis and early intervention.
- Discuss the changes in the DSM definition/criteria of Autism Spectrum Disorders that are in the DSM-5
- The Title of the Webinar
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Your School District
- Your Role (Teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Your answer(s) to the above study questions
(type each question and add your answer below it)
(Works best in IE and Chrome)
Contact InformationAmanda Timmerman
Once you have completed the requirements of this webinar, you will be sent your certificate (approximately 45 minutes of Professional Development Hours)