Catatonia and ASD: Hidden in Plain Sight: Part 1 (Tri-State Webinar Series)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Catatonia and ASD: Hidden in Plain Sight: Part 1
Presenters: Ruth Aspy, Ph.D. and Barry G. Grossman, Ph.D.
Originally aired February 10, 2016
After attending this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define catatonia
- Describe how the DSM-5 categorizes catatonia (specifiers)
- Recognize the key characteristics of catatonia
- Describe issues surrounding catatonia in autism (separate condition?, waxing/waning)
- Why is it important for professionals who work with individuals with ASD to recognize the signs of catatonia?
- What are three symptoms of catatonia as defined by the DSM-5?
- Catatonia and ASD: Hidden in Plain Sight: Part 1
- Catatonia and ASD: Hidden in Plain Sight: Part 2
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
To receive a certificate for this webinar please complete a brief webinar survey. Upon completion of the survey, participants will receive a certificate for 1 training hour.