ASD Training Foundations for Instruction (Alamosa Sessions)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Requirement for School / District Staff: N/A
With school districts reporting staff shortages and team members lacking autism training, this content will focus on teaching instructional strategies to IEP team providers newer to the field of ASD (0-5 years). The focus of this in-person training is for participants to learn autism strategies using specially designed instruction for effective programming (student/classroom). This will be a hands-on learning opportunity with embedded coaching and practice on learned content.
Who Should Attend?
- Staff working directly with students with ASD for less than 5 years
- Suggested roles: teachers (special education, ECSEs, general education) speech/language pathologists, school psychologists, OTs, PTs
- Possible paraeducator attendance: paraeducators can attend IF a certified team member is also registered
Dates & Times
Session 1 (In-Person)
October 25, 2023 from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Session 2 (Virtual)
January 23, 2024 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Session 3 (In-Person)
April 17, 2024 from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- 2 in-person training dates
- 2-hour virtual component between Days 1 & 2
- Participants are committing to 12 hours of in-person (Days 1 & 2) in the same location AND a virtual session for up to 2 hours
- All 14 hours are required when registration is being determined; partial attendance or credit will not be accepted/granted
Registration is limited and will close 2 weeks prior to the start date
The Exceptional Student Services Unit of the Colorado Department of Education provides the funding for the presenters. No reimbursement is provided to participants.
Event Date and Time
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 (All day)
LocationAlamosa & Online
Participants must complete both in-person days (12 hours) and one virtual session (2 hours) to receive a certificate of attendance (14 CDE hours). Partial credit will not be given.
Contact InformationBrooke Carson