Colorado Department of Education

Financial Transparency

Fiscal Year
2020 - 2021

Home
districtFremont Re-2

Penrose Elementary School (6858)

100 ILLINOIS
PENROSE, CO 81240

Student Info
295
Total Students Served
Serves Elementary School Grades rural-school-colored

Narrative

quotes A message from:
Jacque Corsentino
Finance Director
Fremont RE-2
June 1, 2022
Fremont School District RE-2 serves over 1320 students in preschool through twelfth grades and employs approximately 220 teachers, administrative and support staff. Fremont RE-2 provides transportation to students in our district. These costs are not detailed by location/school but district-wide. Likewise, our Nutrition, Maintenance and Technology Departments do not make large purchases by school location but are also district wide. Fremont RE-2 strives to operate in a conservative manner, always with ... Fremont School District RE-2 serves over 1320 students in preschool through twelfth grades and employs approximately 220 teachers, administrative and support staff. Fremont RE-2 provides transportation to students in our district. These costs are not detailed by location/school but district-wide. Likewise, our Nutrition, Maintenance and Technology Departments do not make large purchases by school location but are also district wide. Fremont RE-2 strives to operate in a conservative manner, always with the focus of providing our students with the best educational opportunity. The majority of operating revenue (80%) comes from Total Program Funding. Tax Revenues make up 24.5% of the program funding with the remaining 75.5% from equalization funds. Local funding makes up 6%, state makes up 4% and federal revenue is approximately 10%.

Spending

Current Spending Per Student
$10,116
Current Spending per Student

View Per Student Spending Calculation

$12,383
State Average

School Level Spending per Student
  • Federal
    $961
  • State/Local
    $5,945
  • Total
    $6,906
School Share of Central Spending per Student
  • Federal
    $884
  • State/Local
    $2,326
  • Total
    $3,210
Current School Spending
  1. Learning Environment
    Learning Environment
    84%
  2. Operations
    Operations
    16%
Learning Environment Expenditures
Learning Environment
$1,717,983

View Learning Environment Breakdown

Operations Expenditures
Operations
$319,325

View Operations Breakdown

$2,037,308

Total

Long-Term Spending
Construction, Debt, Refinancing & Other
Construction, Debt, Refinancing & Other

View Construction Funds Breakdown

These expenditures are those not associated with day-to-day operation of school activities and, therefore, are not included in the per-student spending calculation. They are comprised of major construction projects, debt payments, acquisition of land, and other programs.

$2,271

Total

Total School-Allocated Spending

$2,039,579

Totals may not sum due to rounding

Current School Share of Central Spending

  1. Learning Environment
    Learning Environment
    36%
  2. Operations
    Operations
    64%
Learning Environment Spending
Learning
Environment

$336,616
Central Operations Expenditures
Operations
$610,483
$947,099

Total

$2,986,678

Grand Total of Spending at this school