Welcome to the standards review and revision feedback webpage!
Since May 2017, the Department has been supporting committees of Coloradans in a review of the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards. State law requires a review and revision of the Colorado Academic Standards every six years with the first review to be completed on or before July 1, 2018.
Provide Your Feedback
The first draft of proposed revisions to the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) from the committees is now available for public comment. The proposed revisions are available in three formats:
- Online standards feedback system: The online standards feedback system allows you to review the proposed revisions embedded within the standards.
- Summary of proposed revisions: Summary documents for each content area allow you to review the substantive proposed revisions to the standards.
- Complete list of proposed revisions: Spreadsheets for each content area allow you to review each and every proposed revision and the committees’ rationale.
The Department has launched four tools to gather public feedback on the standards review process, an online standards feedback system, and four content specific surveys.
Enter the system to provide feedback on the proposed revisions to the CAS. The online standards feedback system will allow you to *review the proposed revisions embedded within the standards.
Provide feedback on updates to Colorado’s 21st Century Skills which are now referred to as "Essential Skills".
The Colorado English Language Proficiency (CELP) standards committee is seeking feedback on resources the committee is developing.
Resources utilized by each of the thirteen standards areas committees are available for review. View results from the 2016 Colorado Academic Standards perception survey, public feedback on the CAS, benchmarking reports, and other materials.
Questions or Comments?
To submit general questions or comments about the standards review and revision process, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Recommended Steps to Review Proposed Revisions:
- Scan for Major Points of Interest: Choose a subject area of interest and open the Summary of Proposed Changes. This will highlight the major points of interest to get a sense of the overall results of the committee work so far.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Revisions: Sign into the Online Standards Feedback System. Once you have your account, go to the subject area of interest and explore various grade levels and standards. Read through the draft proposed standards details and offer comments along the way.
- Review for Greater Detail: As you explore the revised sections in the online feedback system, if a certain item sparks your interest, download the Complete List of Proposed Changes. All committees are keeping a detailed record of any revisions of note which includes a side-by-side comparison between the current standards and the proposed revisions and the rationale for their decision.