You are here
2021 Virtual Special Education Legal Conference
Thursday, April 15, 2021
The Exceptional Student Services Unit is pleased to announce the 2021 Special Education Legal Conference to be held virtually on Thursday, April 15, 2021. This one-day virtual event covers current issues concerning the education of students with disabilities with updates on both the national level and specific to Colorado.
This conference is designed for individuals involved in developing and supporting special education services for children with disabilities and their families. This includes: Special Education Directors and Coordinators, Parents, Parent Advocates, Parent and School District Attorneys, IEP Team Members, 504 Coordinators, School Principals, Parent Liaisons, Charter School Administrators, Administrative Law Judges and Mediators, Higher Education Professors of Special Education, and Guardian Ad Litems.
Registration (coming soon)
Detailed Agenda (coming soon)
The conference will feature presentations from national and state level experts in special education, to include the following topic areas:
- Morning Plenary: Year in Review
- Breakout Session A (select one): Prior Written Notice, IEP Development and Implementation during COVID-19, or Parent Participation
- Lunch Plenary: Discipline
- Breakout Session B (select one): Evaluations, Progress Monitoring during COVID-19, or Manifestation Determination Review
- Breakout Session C (select one): Restraint and Seclusion, Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Plans, or Least Restrictive Environment
- Afternoon Plenary: COVID-19 Response and Planning
Mobile App and Virtual Event Page (coming soon)
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.