ASD Educational Identification Training (Round 2)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
This distance learning opportunity will be presented over four days, in three- hour segments. The training is designed to support districts in understanding how to identify students suspected of having Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), using evaluation tools to assess the triad of characteristics of ASD. Participants will learn how to build a body of evidence to support the identification of ASD (determining eligibility) in an educational setting (without using the ADOS).
- Registration is limited and will close two weeks prior to the start date. If registration is at capacity a wait list will be opened.
- Who should attend: certified school professionals involved in assessment for the educational identification of ASD,including: school psychologists, social workers, speech/language pathologists, special education teachers, occupational therapists, district administrators, and other certified staff who are part of the evaluation team. This training is not open to paraeducators.
- Attending all four sessions live is highly encouraged. The training will be recorded, but participants MUST attend at least three sessions LIVE. There will be no exceptions.
Round 2 Training Dates & Times
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Participants must complete all four virtual sessions to receive a certificate of attendance (12 CDE hours). Partial credit will not be given.
Registration for Round 2 is full. A wait list has been created.
Event Date and Time
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022 - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Contact InformationBrooke Carson