You are here
Updated Guidance for the 2021-22 School Year Coming Soon
CDE and CDPHE, using new guidance recently published by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, are working to provide update resources for schools and districts to use as they prepare for the upcoming school year.
The toolkit is anticipated to be ready in early August.
For now, please find the resources from last year for review purposes.
Bring together stakeholders to collaborate with CDE and CDPHE to vet guidance and considerations for the 2020-21 school year grounded in their experience of school during the spring of 2020 and prior. During the 2020-21 school year, the stakeholders will also collaborate with CDE to inform the development of the Learning Impacts toolkit.
The advisory committee will serve to supplement CDE’s established feedback loops with a group of diverse role individuals. In addition, a public input process will be available to obtain broader stakeholder feedback on the 2020-21 school year.
Visit the meeting archive page for previous meeting presentations and summaries.
- March 19, 2021
- December 11, 2020
- September 17, 2020
- August 6, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- May 28, 2020
- Pat Bershinsky, Pikes Peak BOCES executive director
- Nora Brown, Colorado PTA president, parent and former school board members
- Cheryl Cook, Thompson School district title coordinator
- Meg Cypress, Denver Public Schools 5th grade teacher, 2019 Colorado Teacher of the Year
- Mitali Desai, Cherry Creek Schools student, Colorado Youth Advisory Council member
- Samantha DuVall, Union Colony Charter School middle school math teacher
- Karol Gates, Colorado Springs School District 11 curriculum and instruction director
- Chris Hinger, Pasoga Springs Middle School principal
- Greg Jackson, Jeffco Public Schools executive director of Transportation
- Tammy Johnson, Uncompahgre BOCES executive director and director of special education
- Erin Kane, Douglas County School District, American Academy executive director of schools
- Jill Kidd, Pueblo City School director of Nutrition Services
- Asha Mahamud, DSST Montview High School student, Colorado Youth Congress
- Marnie McKercher, Aurora Public School lead nurse
- Miriam Mondragon, District 49 coordinator of Title programs
- Patrick Mount, St. Vrain Valley Schools chief information officer
- Nancy Olivas, Westminister Public Schools parent
- Susan Payne, El Paso County Emergency Operations Center member
- Monica Peloso, Cheyenne Mountain School District 12 School Board president and CASB president
- Wendy Rubin, Englewood School superintendent
- Kermit Snyder, Rocky Ford School District superintendent
- Katy Anthes, commissioner of education
- Sarah Blumenthal, RN, Health and Wellness unit supervisor
- Rhonda Haniford, associate commissioner of School Quality and Support
- Alyssa Pearson, deputy commissioner
- Amy Gammel, environmental protection specialist III
- Therese Pilonetti, unit manager